Product Review ~ Urban Decay Electric Palette...

This palette is not for the faint of heart.

This palette has 10 bright, intense, vivid, in your face shades. And they are amazing!

Prior to it's release this palette was all over social media. You couldn't get on Instagram, Facebook or YouTube without hearing about it. Kudos to Urban Decay for their amazing marketing.
So without further ado let's get to it....

First off can I just say how much I LOVE the packaging on this. The palette is slim & sleek and features a vivid smoke-screen print reminiscent of the shades inside.


Gorgeous I know! There are 10 shades ranging from a bright metallic silver to lime green matte. These are all pressed pigments, meaning that they give a highly saturated color payoff. In true Urban Decay fashion the pigments have a velvety texture. The only one that I found to be a bit chalky was Savage (a matte hot pink). Even Revolt (the metallic silver) had a wonderful velvety feel to it.

I created this look with the palette and I think I used every color except Gonzo and Thrash....


Obviously this is not a very wearable look but you can see how intense these colors really are. If you are not ready to rock a color explosion look try adding just a pop of color on a more neutral face. Something like this...

I added a tiny bit of Fringe & Freak on the inner corner...For the rest of my eye makeup I used Urban Decay Naked Basics.

You can get this palette directly from the Urban Decay Website, Sephora and Ulta. It retails for $49.00 and it comes with a cruelty-free, double-ended pressed pigment brush On one end: a compact precision brush that’s perfect for applying color with amazing control. On the other end: a small pigment brush. 

Here are some individual color swatches.
This picture was taken with a flash...


And this was taken without a flash...


 As you can see the color payoff is incredible. All the swatches were taken with one swipe and with no primer underneath. If you are a color junkie then I highly suggest this palette! I can't wait to create more looks with it.

Happy Friday my beauties!

***The palette does come with a warning ~ 4 of the colors (Slowburn, Savage, Jilted and Urban) are not intended for the immediate eye area. The 4 colors listed are the orange, hot pink, fuchsia and purple and because of their intensity they may aggravate sensitive eyes. As you can see from my picture above I have used these colors around my eyes, I however did not put any of the colors directly onto my water line. I did not experience any irritation or problems. If you have super sensitive eyes this may not be the palette for you.***

Comments

Popular Posts