Product Review ~ Bare Minerals Hot To Trot Lipgloss Set....

Two posts in one day...I know. Crazy. But I actually had some free time this morning and I am raring to go!!

My next product review is from Bare Minerals. Yes, the infamous mineral foundation cosmetic line.  I used to wear Bare Minerals years ago but because my skin is so dry I just never felt it really worked for me. I know people that absolutely swear by it and great for them...but powder foundation just doesn't do it for me. I have however eyed their lip glosses for the longest time and just haven't caved....until the other day.

I was getting my hair done and was sitting in the lobby and noticed that they sell the Bare Minerals line. I saw these adorable little mini lip gloss sets. I LOVE lip gloss...it's kind of an obsession. I had an extra $20 credit for a few referrals so I thought they would be perfect for the Holidays.

There were two sets; Show Me The Shimmer and Hot To Trot. The Shimmer Set was pretty...but all the colors were extremely shimmery...a little too disco for my tastes. I picked up the Hot To Trot Set. There are 6 shades ranging from a pretty pink to a gorgeous apple red.  I LOVE them all.  They are mini glosses and it retailed for $25.

Here are some color swatches...

Top to Bottom: Dreamer, Smarty Pants, Maverick, Smooth Talker, Crowd Surfer and Firecracker
I apologize for my picture being a touch blurry...I took this with my phone because my camera is on the fritz.

The mini glosses are 0.07 oz. and the full size are 0.15 oz....when you break it down the mini are costing you about $4.18 a piece. The full size retail for their glosses is $18.00. Compared to MAC's glosses which are 0.14 oz. for $20, I may be swayed to pick up a few more of these when my MAC glosses run out.The texture is nice...a little bit thick but not really sticky. The formula almost feels a bit satiny. They go on very smooth and give you a light to medium coverage and LOTS of shine. Which I kind of like. There is a slightly minty smell about them and they do leave a bit of a tingle on your lips, nothing to strong...more like a refreshing feeling. I found them to last quite well and when they started to wear off my lips felt really soft still. 

I am really pleased with these and will plan on adding more to my collection! Anybody use these....would love to hear what your favorite gloss is!

Comments

Popular Posts