My foundation Routine...

  • foun·da·tion
  • [ fown dáysh'n ]
  1. support for building: a part of a building, usually below the ground, that transfers and distributes the weight of the building onto the ground
  2. support for idea: the basis of something such as a theory or an idea
  3. base layer of makeup: a cosmetic in liquid, cream, or cake form, usually colored, that is applied as a base for makeup
Foundation as a makeup indicates an essential part of the process as it primes and prepares the skin for makeup and coloring which is going to be applied to the face. There are endless options to choose from: sheer coverage, light, medium, full.....there are also endless "finishes"....mineral, satin, dewy, matte....

Does it matter what type of foundation makeup is used on the face? Not at all. Like all makeup it is a matter of preference. I often change my foundation routine based on the overall look of my eye makeup. If I am doing a soft look I tend to go for a more sheer or light coverage.  Maybe even just using a tinted moisturizer.  If I am doing a strong dramatic eye then I tend to go for more medium to full coverage to get the look of "perfect" skin.

Here I break down a day-to-day foundation routine using my new beauty tool....The original beauty blender. I am in love with this little sponge....I am planning on doing a whole post devoted to it, so stay tuned. But here is a basic run down of how I apply my foundation.

Here is my bare face...and wet hair. :)


First I take whatever foundation I am using (in this picture I am using two different foundations: L'oreal True Match Super Blendable Makeup in w3 and L'oreal True Match Lumi Healthy Luminous Makeup in n1.)  I dab this all over with the darker color on the hollows of my cheeks and around the top of my forehead and around my chin area; I dab the lighter colors on the apples of my cheeks, between my brows and right under my lower lip. Then I take my beauty blender and bounce it all over until it's all well blended...making sure to take it down my neck and lightly onto my ears.
**I apologize my pic is a little blurry...but you get the idea


Next I take my Maybelline Fit Me Concealer in #10 and dot it under my eyes in a triangle shape...I take my beauty blender and do the same bouncing motion until the concealer is well blended up under my eyes and to the outside corners up to my hairline.


After my foundation and concealer is all blended I usually set it with a translucent powder. I have really been loving the Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder...it's a bit pricey but totally worth every penny.

Then I finish the rest of my face. For todays look I wanted to keep the rest of my face soft. I filled in my brows with my Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Whiz in Soft Brown. I used Benefit Hoola Bronzer in the crease of my eye just to add definition as well as lightly contouring my cheeks. I finished the look with a few coats of Rimmel Lash Accelerator Mascara and on my lips I dabbed Rimmel Show Off Lip Lacquer in Aurora. At the last minute I also dabbed some of the lip lacquer on my cheeks which gave them the most perfect flushed cheek....


I would love to hear what your favorite foundation is...do you prefer light coverage, medium, matte or dewey?  Any brands that are your faves?

Happy Wednesday my lovelies! Be back soon...

Comments

Popular Posts