FACE Stockholm and Lise Watier Review....

The last two items in my July Wantable Beauty Box were both eye products. Woo Hoo!

First up was an eye shadow from FACE Stockholm.  Now if you remember my last beauty box had a blush from FACE Stockholm and I LOVED it (read all about it here...) so I was really excited to have another product to try. Not so much love with this one...the texture was really great. Super soft and really blendable, however the color just didn't suit me.

The color I received was called Straw. It's a matte shade, which normally I would LOVE but I had a really hard time using this color. I think that this will be a good product for me to use on VERY pale skin and possibly as a highlight on darker skin.  But with me being kind of "middle of the road" coloring it just didn't work.


You can see that the swatch almost blends right into my skin.  The website describes this color as "light warm apricot".  This might be good if I were doing a really natural look and just wanted to even out the color on my lids. The shadow retails for $20 on the FACE Stockholm site and I might think about purchasing shadows in the future just because the texture is just so amazing. I noticed that they offer 66 different colors of eye shadows, and some of them looked really intriguing!

Lastly I received an Eyebrow Essentials kit from Lise Watier.  This is a cool little palette that has two shadows, small tweezers, and an eyebrow brush. It also came with a cool little insert that had tips for achieving the perfect brow look.

This was another product I was really excited to see. I am obsessed with eyebrows. Partially because I have very sparse, blah shaped brows (way too much plucking in my youth), so I figured this would be great for me to have.  And it would be IF I had black or VERY dark brown brows. I do not. The palette says the color is "brunette"

You have to be very careful when filling in your brows. If you go to light it doesn't give you the definition you may need and if you fill them in too dark it can really age you. Now the texture of these shadows is great. They are very pigmented and I actually used this on a client who had black eye brows and it was PERFECT. I just can't use it on myself. Although I adore the little tweezers! They pencil brush was not great - I pitched that. This kit retails for $23, which I thought was a great price! I am seriously thinking about ordering the other color which was called "blonde."

All in all it was an ok month. But I am looking forward to next month! I hope you are enjoying my reviews and if you have any products you would like me to review please comment here or go to my Facebook page: Makeup by Miranda! 

Hope to hear from you!

Comments

Popular Posts