Four products and Five minutes....

When you tell people that you are a makeup artist the first thing they usually ask me is how I got started doing makeup then quickly followed with I don't have time or I don't know how to do my makeup.

For those that may not know my background or have not read my bio....I have been obsessed with makeup since I was a young girl. I can remember perusing the makeup aisle as young as 10 wishing that I could buy it all.  Now I am almost 40 and still do the same thing.

Not much has changed. (picture a big cheesy smile.)

In response to the 2nd question; the only way to get better is to practice. And when I say practice that doesn't mean you  have to do crazy, detailed looks. You can get a fresh face in 5 minutes with minimal products. I was inspired to do this pictorial after watching a video from the amazing Lisa Eldridge...if you are a YouTube watcher I encourage you to go check her out. She is so incredibly talented and does a fantastic job of teaching the art of applying makeup. Here is the video that initially inspired me...watch it here. 


But onto my pictorial.

I started out with a clean moisturized face. Then I applied Smashbox BB Cream. First I did a very sheer layer and then went back and added more where I needed more coverage. Next came my brows. One of my favorite eye brow pencils is from Anastasia of Beverly Hills. I used Brow Whiz in Caramel.

Next I took my Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in "Gentleman Prefer Pink" and dabbed that on the apples of my cheeks and just a touch on my eyelids. I gently patted this out with my fingers to blend.


Because I wanted a bit of definition around my eyes I took a small eyeliner brush and used my mascara to define my lash line. I took my brush and dipped it on the end of the mascara wand and then pushed the liner brush into my lashline. Then of course I added 2-3 coats of mascara. I am using one of my favorite ~ Cover Girl Clump Crusher.  I finished the look off with Revlon lipstick.

Super easy and super fast.

Because it's humid out today I threw in a sassy braid so my hair didn't get out of control...


And here is the finished look. I hope that you enjoyed this type of post and if you would like more please let me know!



Comments

Popular Posts