Product Review ~ NYX Cosmetics Soft Matte Lip Cream

Many of my readers know that I am not a fan of lipstick...I tend to go for the glosses. Partly because I am a mother of two young children and partly because, well....I'm lazy. I always feel like when I wear lipstick I need to do the whole nine yards.

Liner, blot, apply lipstick, touch up liner.

It's just to much work. The tough part is I LOVE the look of a matte lipstick and you just can't get that type of look with a lip gloss. I think I have found a match made in heaven.

NYX Cosmetics Soft Matte Lip Cream has become one of my fave products! It has packaging like a lip gloss. You apply it with a doe foot wand, just like a gloss but it goes on super creamy and then sets to a matte finish. It is incredibly pigmented and the line carries a wide range of colors - 22 to be exact. At $6.00 a pop it's basically a steal! You can purchase NYX Cosmetics directly from their site or from Ulta. And I believe that some Target's are now carrying the NYX line as well.

I have 6 shades: Stockholm, Antwerp, San Paulo, Morocco, Monte Carlo, and Copenhagen....how adorable are the names! Here are some color swatches....

Top: Stockholm Bottom: Antwerp

Top: San Paulo Bottom: Morocco

Top: Monte Carlo Bottom: Copenhagen
All the pics were taken with no liner and two light coats of product. Besides being extremely pigmented they are super long lasting. And without leaving your lips bone dry. This past weekend I wore Morocco for a wedding I was working at. I left my house at  8 am (my lipstick was the last thing I applied) and I got home at 3 pm. My lipstick was still on and still super pigmented. This was after talking all day and drinking water. I was really impressed by how well it held up with no touch ups! On a scale of 1-10 I give these a 9! I am fairly certain I will be adding a few more, maybe the entire line. So if you enjoy the look of matte lipstick then I would check out these lip creams from NYX!

Happy Monday my beauties!

Comments

Popular Posts