Favorite drugstore eyeliners....

I think I mentioned before how much I love Sephora...don't get me started on MAC. I might start drooling. My wallet however does not feel the same way I do.

I shop for high-end products when I can but often I find some great products at the good ole' drugstore. Here are a few of my favorite eyeliners.

Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner. The name is a doozy, but it really is a great product. I can get the precision & intense color of a liquid liner in a smudge proof, waterproof gel formula. It comes with a little brush which I didn't care for, it was small & flimsy.

I prefer to use a angled eyeliner brush by Ecotools. This liner is easy to blend, and if you are looking for an intense look it works great as a base, but make sure you blend quickly as it does set.

It comes in 4 colors, I have 3 of them; Blackest Black, Espresso and Eggplant. Target sells this for $7.94 and it can sometimes be on sale. Ulta sells if for $9.99 but they often have BOGO (buy one, get one).


Next is also a Maybelline product. I came across this liner from watching another YouTube video and I immediately  fell in love. The liner applies corner to corner with a skip-proof, creamy glide. You can easily create dramatic eyes with rich color payoff. This liner is also smudge-resistant. It comes in 6 colors, I have two colors, Sapphire Strength & Coal Commander. Target retails this for $6.49 and Ulta for $7.99.

My favorite black liquid eyeliner is from e.l.f, and it's amazingly cheap. Not all stores carry the e.l.f line so if you can find it you are in luck. This fabulous little liner was only $1.00. Yes, $1.00. On the e.l.f website it shows 6 colors, but a few of them are out of stock. It's an easy glide Liquid Eyeliner, smudge-proof (but not water resistant) and very rich in color. It has a very fine tip which makes it easy to create precise definition for a dramatic eye. I don't often wear this if I am going for a natural look as it's very glossy. The only downfall to this product is the drying time. It does take a few seconds, but I have found once it dries it stays on quite well.

Next is Physicians Formula Eye Booster 2-in-1 Last Boosting Eyeliner + Serum. It comes in black and brown, which is what I have. It claims to have "Lash Boosting complex", which targets the root of lashes and provides nutrients associated with growing long, thick lashes. I have not noticed a difference but if my lashes start growing out of control I will let you all know!

I found this formula to be long-wearing, water-resistant and smudge-resistant. It's very easy to apply and has almost a marker feel to it, which helps in creating either a nice thick dramatic cat eye, or a more natural look to just define the lash area. I unfortunately lost my receipt, but I believe it retails for around $8 or $9. At Ulta it retails for $10.99....it's a bit pricier than the other ones but well worth it.
Top to bottom: e.l.f, Physicians Formula, Maybelline , Rimmell
 The last one is another brown liner. Rimmel Exaggerate Waterproof Eye Definer in Sable. I found this as I was looking for a light brown liner to use in my water line ( This is the narrow, wet part just above the lower lash line). This one is nice and soft, no tugging and it lasts all day. It's available in six shades. I have had it for quite a while and could not find a price on Target's site of Ulta but did manage to find it at Walgreen's for $6.49 but I believe that I got it cheaper at Target. Below are color swatches
Left to right: e.l.f, Physicians Formula, Maybelline Sapphire & Coal, Rimmell 



Comments

Popular Posts