RIMMELL London ~ Show Off Lip Lacquer Review...

It's been a while since I have done a review of new products. Which is good and bad.

Good that I have been busy doing clients but bad that I haven't had time to share some new products with you guys. Thankfully I have a bit of a break this week so I knew I wanted to share a new find with you all!

Presenting RIMMEL Show Off Lip Lacquers! I am in LOVE with this product! These actually came out quite a while ago but they were released overseas - I saw them all over YouTube but they were called "Apocalips". For the last few months I have been searching and searching trying to find them with with no success.  Then last week after doing a wedding I stopped by Walgreen's to grab a few things. Lo and Behold there they were, but with a different name. I was ecstatic! AND they were on sale...even better!

I picked up four shades ~ Nude Eclipse, Stargazer, Solstice, and Aurora. They are available in 13 shades and I am pretty sure I want to go back for more. 

LtoR: Nude Eclipse, Stargazer, Solstice and Aurora
I can't quite put my finger on the texture of these lacquers. They are not quite a lipstick but not quite a lip gloss....I don't know but I know I LOVE them.  They are crazy pigmented and extremely creamy. The lacquer applies like a lip gloss and they have tons of shine but they aren't goopy or sticky like some glosses can be. The color stays on quite well, some of the shine wears off as normal but the color remains.
It's almost like a lip stain but they don't dry the lips out at all, they stay very soft.  I had a Bridal Trial the other day and wore Aurora and the color lasted well over 3 hours.  The shine wore off but it still looked like I had fresh lipstick on.

Aurora ~ bright matte raspberry shade

Solstice ~ Medium pink with flecks of silver shimmer shade

Stargazer ~ Slightly bronzy gold color with flecks of shimmer shade

Nude Eclipse ~ matte nude shade

Here is a color swatch of all four colors. As you can see they are extremely pigmented. These swatches were done with one swipe of the wand.  Just gorgeous!

L to R: Nude Eclipse, Stargazer, Solstice and Aurora 
As I mentioned I bought mine at Walgreen's. I have not seen them anywhere else but it says on their website that you can purchase them at all the local drugstores.  They retail for $4.99, but I got mine on sale for $3.99.  I would highly suggest these!!!  

Comments

Popular Posts