December Favorites....

It's January. 


It's snowing. 



And it's 2015. Where did the year go. 
But I digress...onto my favorites. 


This post is actually a compilation of December Favorites and a few products that been my go-to's for the year. 


L to R clockwise: RT Setting Brush, RT Sculpting Brush,
Morphe G2, Morphe G1
A few brush lines have been absolute standouts this year...for my personal use and in my kit. Real Techniques were the first set of brushes that I bought when I took a chance on putting my name out there as a free lancer, and they are to this day still some of my favorite brushes. Two of my favorites brushes are the Sculpting Brush and the Setting Brush. 

These are two brushes that I grab almost every time I am doing someones makeup. They are synthetic which makes them great for ANY type of product and makes clean up a breeze. The other thing I love is their versatility. The Sculpting Brush can be used to apply a liquid/creme foundation or with a powder to carve out those cheekbones. The Setting Brush is the perfect size to set your under-eye concealer or to even apply your concealer. 

The other brush line that I have fallen head over heels for is Morphe Brushes in the Gunmetal line. I adore their eyes brushes but I recently picked up a couple of their face brushes, specifically the G1 (Small Buffer) and the G2 (Pointed Buffer). Again they are synthetic brushes and just as versatile as the Real Techniques. I love the pointed buffer for contouring and the small buffer is perfect for blending my foundation out flawlessly. 



Keeping in line with face products I have reacquainted myself with my all time favorite foundation. MAC Face & Body Foundation is my holy grail. It's water based, you can build up the coverage and it let's your skin look like skin.  For those times that I just want something really quick I have been reaching for Bobbi Browns BB Cream. The one I have is a sample from Sephora but I will be purchasing the full size when I run out. Both products blend easily and feel amazing on the skin. As I get older I am going more and more for products that give me a youthful glow but don't feel heavy and both of these do just that.



My last two favorites are both lip products. 

First up is the Colour Pop Lippie Stix & Pencils. I did a review on these just a few weeks ago and have since ordered a bunch more since that original post. I mainly ordered pencils but I will be picking up a few more Lippie Stix  because, well because they are just awesome. They have amazing pigment, they are super creamy and they are only $5. Yeah - crazy huh! 

I picked up mostly neutrals because they will be added to my professional kit, and nude lip pencils is something that I am always running out of. 



Last but not least are some of my all time favorite lip products of all time. The NYX Cosmetics Butter Glosses are incredible. They are super creamy but not goopy, they have a wide range of colors, they are shiny but not glittery, and they are inexpensive. They have a slight vanilla scent but it's not overpowering. I can partner these with a lip pencil and a touch of gloss and I have the perfect lip. 

L to R: Fortune Cookie, Madeline, Angel Food Cake, Maple Blondie, Cherry Cheesecake, Raspberry Tarte, Devil's Food Cake

Well my beauties that is it for the month - I can't believe it went by so fast! I hope that everyone had a wonderful holiday and I am looking forward to a busy year filled with new creative looks and lots more reviews! 



"For every beauty there is an eye somewhere to see it. For every truth there is an ear somewhere to hear it. For every love there is a heart somewhere to receive it." 
~ Ivan Panin

Comments

Popular Posts