Hello....It's me...

So it's Wednesday.

And I'm back after a looonnnggg hiatus.

A lot has happened since my last post. I was still working with Brides, still a Mom, still a wife.  But I felt like I wanted something more. Something was nagging at me that maybe I needed to do more with my business.  Brides often asked me questions about their skin, how to fix this that or whatever.  Some issues I could help them with, others not so much. I started throwing around the idea of going back to school to get my esthetician license. But I was scared.

I mean here I was, in my 40's, living life. A wife, a mom, and a new owner of 1 crazy puppy. What right did I have to uproot my life and start a new career. I decided to start researching local schools in my area. Went through some tours, talked to some people and in the end gave up the idea. The fear was too strong and I put it up on the shelf.

And as destiny does she stepped in and I found out some information. Information along the lines that to be doing makeup in New Jersey I needed to have my license. That sure changed some of my perspective. I realized I no longer had the right to be afraid. I need to act. So I did.

Long story short I enrolled in school last October for esthetics. Five long months later I graduated.  In May I was hired at Ulta as an Esthetician and now in August here I am.

It's funny that when I first started school I kind of just looked at it like a way to get my license for makeup and not get fined.  What I didn't think would happen would be that I LOVED learning about skin. I love the science of it, why skin does what it does, and most of all how I can help someone learn to love their skin.

I plan to for my blog to be a base for all things skin....Makeup, techniques, skin care products etc. I'm hoping to do some tutorials on my Makeup Facebook page but as I'm technologically challenged bear with me.

I hope you'll follow along for the journey!!



Comments

Popular Posts